Thursday, November 18, 2004

You won't believe this!

I think the feline gods are smiling on me!

I came home early today with a sick kiddo, and went out to the barn. It's really raining here, and the 4-legged kids were cold looking and drippy. I brought them in so they could dry off.

As I walked into the barn, I noticed that the kittens were all in a pile in the box full of hay that I made for them! I was shocked! They ARE using the little kitty house that I made, but they aren't using it when I am around!

Yesterday I enticed them to play with some baling twine, and they were so engrossed in "killing" it that they forgot that I was at the other end! And they have been sleeping on top of the hay. So while they are not yet rubbing against my legs, they are at least making themselves at home around the barn.

I named them: The momma is named B.B., one kitten is Tippy (becuase he has a white-tipped tail), one is Mark (because he has a mark on his back) and the last one is Bub. They all look nearly identical, and they are getting so big you can hardly tell if it's B.B. or one of her kitties.

It's taken months, but we're getting there!

No comments: