Thursday, December 02, 2004

Did I say that?

It’s a good thing I have this blog to remind myself, in writing, how ridiculous I am sometimes. Remember when I was so worried about the kittens? How I went to great lengths to get them to not be so scared of me, and to get them to like their little house and be warm and safe in the winter? What the HELL was I thinking???

These cats are so lazy! BB, the mother, eats her food once a day, and goes back outside to do her “cat work.” The kittens, on the other hand, come out of their comfy box in the morning, where they have slept peacefully all night (in the warm, safe barn), and yowl for food. They all get fed in the morning, first thing. When I come back at 4:30 to feed the horses, they are back begging for food. I do not feed them then. At 8:30 pm, when I go out and tuck the horses into their stalls, they emerge sleepily yet again from their box to see what food they might get. (none) While saying that they never leave the barn is somewhat of an exaggeration, I would say that they spend the majority of their time sleeping in their box in the barn.

I am creating monsters. What was I thinking before???

Lest you suggest I block them out of the barn, let me remind you of my previous post about how I “winterproofed” the barn, only to have them dig a different hole under the foundation to create an alternate entrance!

I give up.

No comments: