Monday, December 20, 2004

I think I'll just roll over and go back to bed.

Current Temperature: 18.9 F
Current Windchill: -10 F
Forecast: Partly cloudy early in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a chance of snow and sleet in the late morning and early afternoon. Mostly cloudy with chance of snow late in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s.

I could do without the sleet, but I am glad for the chance of snow. I always wish for a white Christmas.

I have it down to a system now. I have to bring a bucket of hot water out to the barn every morning. That will thaw Major's frozen water, plus give him half a bucket of hot water. He doesn't like to drink as much when the water is so cold. But he also doesn't like tap water. So I give him half well water (freezing cold) and half hot tap water.

It was so cold yesterday that I cringed when I spilled water on my pants, until I realized that it wasn't cold because it froze before it soaked through!

B insulated the attic more this weekend. It really helps. He also insulated around the windows, and that was really a help, too.

In my attempt to be a grownup this weekend, I did get all of my baking done, and the presents for our out-of-town family wrapped. I have to send them today. I also hope I can get my Christmas cards done tonight and out tomorrow. Maybe people will get them by Christmas!

I still have all of the laundry to put away. Ugh, will I ever get caught up?

1 comment:

Michael said...

Your cold swept our way.
We have 9 degrees with windchills -30 degrees.

Looking for another pair of socks.

Take Care
Michael