Tuesday, January 04, 2005

SNOW DAY!

Weather forecast, at 9:44 pm:

A mix of snow and sleet will overspread central Iowa this
evening... changing over to all snow by midnight. Snow will be
heavy at times overnight... and again Wednesday and Wednesday evening.
Expect storm total accumulations of 8 to 12 inches. In addition
northeast winds of 15 to 20 mph will create some blowing and drifting
of snow... making for very hazardous travel.


School has already been cancelled for tomorrow!

Time to break out the sleds and the snowman-making materials! I will post pictures-- I love taking pictures of the snow. It will be cool to have photos of our first snow!

If I can get down the road tomorrow, I will also take pictures of the covered bridge nearby. It, no doubt, will be gorgeous in the snow! It might be a day or so, though...

I can sleep in tomorrow! Now I can watch Conan tonight...

*****************************

The new kitten is doing wonderfully! He is now off of the KMR and has started eating solid food. He still looks emaciated and like something out of an oil spill (matted and disheveled) but he is acting like a cat, and EATING and DRINKING!

Cause for celebration!!

I am not sure I can give him away now... I would, however, definitely still give him to Michael Knight. Michael, come over so you can ride Kitten (the horse) and meet the kitten (the cat)! I'll even cook dinner! :) (No hard sell here.)

Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dinner and a ride with Kitten sounds great! I may pass on the Exxon cat. :-) - Michael Knight