Friday, May 20, 2005

Bubba's Dog

Well, I am sad to report that Bubba's dog has died.

I am VERY sad to report that it hung itself on the fence. It was one of the three Great Pyranees that he had, and it was the one that he kept tied up. Recall that he kept it tied up so the other dogs (2 Great Pyranees and 1 Border Collie) would stay close. Uh huh, sure. Right. The dogs never stayed home, they were over here half the time.

Anyway, it was a cruel, brutal way to die, and Bubba should be subjected to the same pain. I drove by and saw the fence pulled down, and the dog lying over it, and not moving. I thought I should go back-- nobody was home at Bubba's house. I had a phone call when I got in, and then I grabbed my binoculars and looked over while I was on the phone. About 5 minutes later, while I was still on the phone, Bubba came home and rushed over to the dog. He tried to revive it, but it was already dead.

I am sad for the dog. But Bubba is so incredibly cruel, just by reason of his stupidity. Anyone who puts an 8-week old kitten outside in the middle of winter to "make it an indoor-outdoor cat" or who gets 4 dogs and lets three of them run loose and leaves the other tied up, just doesn't get it. I believe that they love their animals, but when it's not convienent for them, they just toss them aside. Or they think that by letting them be loose and wild, that they are giving the animal an ideal life. They feel that rescuing an animal from a shelter and bringing it home to BubbaHaven is a walk in the park for the animal. They used to come looking for their dogs when they got away. They don't anymore, they just leave them loose to chase my car, or chase B when he runs on his morning jogs.

I hope that he feels lower than a worm's belly. I hope he has a hole in his heart because somewhere in it he loved that dog. I hope this makes him think that he should do things a lot differently.

Unfortunately, I bet he's the sort that will just go out and get another one to replace it. I'd be overjoyed to proclaim to the world that I am wrong on this one.

I hate people.

I wonder what he'll do with the 100 pound dead dog-- if he takes it to the vet, he'll have to explain that one. Maybe I don't want to know what he'll do with it...

1 comment:

Michael said...

That is so horrible.


Take Care
Michael