Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Starry Eyed

For the last two nights B & I have gone out and enjoyed the night sky from the hammock. It is so fun! We can see so much, although while we truly enjoyed the magnificent harvest moon last night, it proved to be quite bright and a hindrance to some of the dimmer stars. But we saw 6 satellites last night!

I looked them up on www.heavens-above.com and found out that we saw the Tropical Rainfall Monitoring Mission Satellite, and the Cosmos 1263 rocket (which B dismissed as “space junk”).
I think I am turning into a geek.

Anyway, it has been quite fun, and we have not suffered any effects of mosquitoes or any other wildlife, though we do hear things sneaking around in the trees and the coyotes in the pastures.

I have also used the hammock to turn dreaded tasks into more pleasant ones! : ) I didn’t mind working on a RFP for work this weekend nearly as much, when I took my laptop out to the hammock! However, I can’t get a wireless signal from its current location, so no blog-ability.

It is a big one, so the whole family can fit in it. The kids and I have had fun chilling out together.

It was a great, great present. Talk about some quality time doing some cool things.

*******
Both kids are going cross-country next week to visit grandparents. M is visiting my familiy in Phoenix, and L is visiting B’s family in San Diego. They are so excited! This is their first time flying alone, and they are really looking forward to it. I am, too, as we have some fun plans for while they’re gone, but I know I will miss them terribly. Our house will not be the same without them.

I will take pictures of all of the fun places we visit.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Watching stars from a hammock was a favorite of mine growing up. On most summer nights I slept on that hammock.

Take Care
Michael