Monday, June 06, 2005

Did You Sing?

Did you have a spring in your step this morning on your way to work? Do you usually?

Do you sing in the car? If you do, do you sing really loudly with no regard for how horrible you might sound (like I do) or are you one of those self-conscious singers who just silently mouths the words? I have to be a silent singer when I am riding with someone (unless I can enlist them to "sing with me!").

Michael said he was seat dancing and was caught on a cell-phone cam by a passer-by! Do you seat dance? Do you worry that people will see you? (or take photographic evidence of your insanity?)

I got a new iPod this weekend. I spent the weekend transferring songs over to it, and I played it this morning on the way to work (with the FM transmitter gizmo I bought). I was seat dancing, singing along, as I enjoyed my breakfast of wheat thins and pepper jack cheese, washed down with a Coke. (Breakfast of champions, don't you know?)

Happiness is contagious, so I'm trying to spread some of it around to you.

What is new at our farm? Hmmm, lemme think:

1) I have decided that having children keeps clear boundaries between adults and children in the home. Friday night we didn't go to bed until 2 am, we slept until 10:30 am, and only did what we wanted to do on Saturday. Dishes were dirty in the sink, junk was left around the house, it looked like a bunch of kids lived there! Thankfully, on Sunday I got the cleaning bug and tidied up. When M&L get back home, we'll get back to that routine!

2) The horses are sick. They had their vaccinations on Saturday, and moped around yesterday, and are still not well today. It hurts me to see them in such pain! : (

3) It's going to be 90 degrees today! B said he would open the windows in our house (they have storm windows that have to be removed and replaced with screens). He didn't. So maybe he'll have to take me to a movie this afternoon! I think we are the only people in Iowa with no a/c. No, I take that back, Bubba has no A/C.

4) Speaking of Bubba, did you know that he got a new dog? That's right, when you kill your first dog because of neglect, be sure to run right out and get another. Shameful. However, I do have to say that he tidied up his yard, put up a hammock, put in a garden, and for the first time in a while, his dogs have not chased my car. Maybe he HAS turned over a new leaf?

I promised pictures of all of our adventures, I know, I know. But the ones didn't turn out (no, not because of naked deer!), and we really haven't been anywhere adventurous to take photos! I'll be sure to post some if we do go somewhere photo-worthy.

Happy Monday. Be sure to sing loudly on the way home! Think of you and me doing a loud, off-key duet. : )

No comments: