Friday, June 03, 2005

Feeling Naked

I feel like I forgot my clothes, or my purse, or something else important. L left Tuesday for a visit to B's parents, and M left on Saturday. So we are "temporarily child-free by choice."

It's a weird feeling, the house is quiet, there is not an abundance of dirty clothes, dishes, shoes, toys, computer power supplies, or all of the other things I am usually complaining about! Thank goodness for the animals, because if it was any quieter around here, I think I would have to stay at work until B got home!

We went to Roseman Bridge on Wednesday evening. We saw about 25 deer on the way, a relatively short drive. Deer are everywhere! I took pictures of the deer and the bridge, but it was dusk, and none of the photos turned out, even after attempting to work some iPhoto magic on them.

Last night we got steaks and stayed in. I am not sure what our plans are for this evening. I would like to go to Prairie Meadows (a racetrack) to see some live horse racing. But there are a million other choices for things to do as well.

And as much as I hate to admit it, there's something to be said for hanging around here and saying to each other every five minutes, "Hey! Listen! Hear that? Me either! It's quiet!"

Happy Day! TGIF!

2 comments:

Kindred Nutmeg said...

Good Stuff.. Enjoy the peace & quiet.. we all need some of that..

Nutmeg

Michael said...

You won't post the pictures because they were naked deers. I know, no naked pictures on your blog.

:)


Take Care
Michael