Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Shameful Case of Animal Abuse

And all my talk about Bubba.

Poor Rocky. I should be reported for being a bad dog mom. Every year I shave his fur in the summer. He has that coarse lab coat, but underneath he has the wispy, thick, fleecy hair that must be really hot. It's also the kind of fur that travels in packs, banding together in herds of dust rhinos, plotting to gang up on my vacuum.

So I shave him.

It works for both of us. He has to be hot with that fur, especially today, when it's 95 degrees and we don't have a/c.

Usually I use a 1/4" guard on the clippers, but it just "combs out" the fleece and gets in the way. This time I just did without the guard, but I didn't expect his fur to grow all kinds of ways. Some hair was cut short, other hair was cut bald. He is a MESS! He looks like a brindle dog, like he was bred that way.

The funniest thing was that when he was finished getting shaved, he ran all around, really fast, attacking Raven like he was some sort of superhero with special powers that he didn't have before! It's like when you used to get new shoes as a kid, and you were convinced that you could run really fast!

Here are some photos of the carnage. Call the SPCA!!

Image003.jpg

<no subject>

No comments: