Friday, August 19, 2005

bubba's bad day

We came home last night to find flashing police lights on our road! That is unheard of-- we don't even usually encounter lights from another car, let alone see flashing police lights! It was obviously an accident.

We thought maybe the road was blocked, but come to find out, it was just all of the neighbors coming by to help. Turns out, Bubba had come around the corner, and one way or another, flipped his company truck into the ditch and on its roof.

I rolled down the window and talked to the policeman to be sure we could get through. I asked if everyone was okay (at that point I didn't know it was a 1-car accident, and I didn't realize it was Bubba's truck), and he said that the driver only had a cut on his arm. He said, "He says he seen a deer." I told him I had seen deer there, too, and he just smiled at me and said, "Oh, I know they're around."

Then again, if I flipped my company truck off of a gravel road down the side of an embankment and onto its roof, I might have seen a deer, too.

Poor Bubba.

No comments: