Monday, August 15, 2005

The Sky is Falling!

I am not known for my calm, rational demeanor.

I am known for my knee-jerk reactions. And, I have, on occasion, been known to have to apologize for these knee-jerk reactions.

So, maybe this is just another of these sorts of things. And I should just chill out and let the chips fall where they may.

What is my cause for freaking out, you ask?

Oh, just that the county plans to build a 1,000+ ACRE LAKE, AND OUR HOUSE MAY BE UNDER IT!

Yes, take a look at this article. (Sorry, it's a PDF that you have to download-- I couldn't link to it online.) Two, if not three, of those proposed sites (I can't tell you which ones, or some crazies might be knocking on my door) would put us completely under water. The third one might just preclude us from living here, but would not necessarily involve being underwater. Because it is for drinking water, there will be certain restrictions on the distance from the lake that houses will be permitted, so it's likely that we would just have to MOVE.

I spoke to our neighbor K today, and he is in his 50's, so 12-15 years from now he will be selling anyway. Our other neighbor K, whose land will also potentially be underwater, is 84, so I don't think he is as concerned either.

Out of nine sites, three affect us. Those aren't the best odds...

Yes, I know it will be 12-15 years away, but they will likely start on this project a smidge before then.

Just call me Chicken Little. At least until I calm down and find some rationale.

In other news, we will likely be getting a tractor in the next few weeks. We have one picked out, but will be inquiring with other dealers at the fair.

And yes, the Fair is on! We have not yet gone, as my dad is here visiting (and we've been busy with other things-- see below). I visited Major today, again, and brought him some treats. M is worried that he will not do so well at the fair, but I am confident that he will shine when it really counts.

B and my dad fixed our truck today! They put a new clutch in it. No small feat, especially for B. We don't have all the required tools, either, so it's a "pay as you go" thing... ; ) B took it for a test drive tonight, and it's just about ready for business. Just needs a few adjustments.

Happy Monday! I'm back to work tomorrow for 1/2 day, then Wed off for Major's big day!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Hey!

Thanks.


Take Care
Michael