Tuesday, September 13, 2005

blog-o-versary

It’s my blog-o-versary! One year ago I sat down and put pen to paper (figuratively speaking), and began my journal about living at Terre d’Esprit. It has been a fun year—it hardly seems as though it’s been that long! I have made friends, old friends have come out of the woodwork, and I have learned a lot about myself.

I wish I had something witty to say, something pithy and memorable. I just don’t! Work has taken every ounce of energy and creativity from me!

It happens also to be an anniversary of sorts in my life. Today is the anniversary of our first date. And I used all of my creativity on a card and gift for B.

I will close by sharing a funny story:

Up at the stable where Major is being boarded (until October 1, when he comes back here), he is the only stallion. And he’s so nice, so everyone loves him. Well, the woman who cleans stalls took pity on him, that he couldn’t be turned out with the rest of the group, so she turned him out in the indoor arena. M came over, just to see what he was up to, and noticed a longe whip in the middle of the arena. Of course, he immediately went over and picked it up, and started prancing around, taunting her because he knew he shouldn’t have it in his mouth (he loves to chew leather, and is always getting into trouble for it, so he knows he shouldn’t have it). Anyway, as he is prancing around, he inadvertently cracks the whip, which scares him half to death! He drops the whip and runs over to M shaking and acting like a whimpering puppy!!

I miss him terribly!

Photos of today. Harvest time soon.

our soybeans

our soybeans

soybeans almost ready

corn

1 comment:

Michael said...

Happy Blog-o-versary.

I love the photos and have enjoyed all the words that you have shared with us.

Take Care
Michael