Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bert Update

Well, we were up all night. : ( Bert is not any better, but not any worse. I believe he has pneumonia, and there is a certain antibiotic that I am chasing down. I have called every Farm & Fleet, every Shoppers Suppy and every Tractor Supply that is within a 2 hour's drive of my house, and they all carry it, but they are out. I know that pneumonia can be brought on by the sudden change in weather (it was nearly 70 on Thursday, and by Friday it was below zero). I must not be the only one nursing a sick animal this weekend. I'm sorry for all of us.

I'm on the hunt for Tylan 200, and hope to get some-- and get 2 doses in him-- before he has to go back outside. Nobody can get any sleep, and being inside is not good for him. It will be in the 20's today (and 30's-40's the rest of the week) so that should be conducive to helping him get better.

I'll post another update tonight.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I hope he is doing better.

Take Care
Michael