Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Verdict

I took my car in to have an estimate done for the damage in the accident. There really isn't any visible damage, except the tire cover is torn. B took it to get washed, however, and it was leaking from the back door, so I know there is futher damage. I found out today that the damage is nearly $1000, and that is only if they don't have to replace the door. They weren't able to tell today, they will have to take it all apart and see.

The mechanic might well have been a salesman. I asked him if I would need to rent a car for the three days my car was in the shop. He said yes, and that they rented cars at their shop. He said, "Well, you DO have to be 25 to rent a car, you know."

I said, "Now, you don't REALLY think I am not yet 25, do you?" And he said, "Well, looking at your children and guessing their ages, I am thinking that you must be."

Those kids are cramping my style! I bet I would get carded all the time if I didn't have a teenager in tow!

I wonder how many women he says that to. Probably all of them.

But given that I am approaching 40, he sure made my day.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Too bad about the car but getting a compliment like that is sweeeet.

Take Care
Michael