Friday, June 02, 2006

Keeping you posted

There is much to report these days! B and I have been very busy preparing our barn and farm for two new doelings that we bought. We went last weekend on our quest, and did not return empty handed. Actually, we did return empty handed, and also empty bank-accounted. :) The farm account doesn't have much money, it always has its hand out begging us for money...

We bought two little does, and they are not yet weaned. We bought them from two different farms, and will return in a few weeks to pick them up. It has been interesting to look at how other people do things, or don't do things. We are taking lots of notes about how we will and won't do business. It's very interesting.

I have photos of the two girlies, as yet unnamed. They are not good pictures-- the first girl was going potty when I took her picture-- the only way I could get her standing still!! When we bought the other girl, I had left my camera at home, so all I could get was a far away shot with my cell phone cam. Of course, when they come to live with us, you will have more photos than you ever wanted.


Jane Doe #1




Jane Doe #2

The garden is in and growing. Here are some pictures of the plot, and some of the corn and a cool bean sprout. Amazing how fast they grow! We planted corn, peas, beans, carrots, tomatoes and strawberries. We'll see what we get!







I've had some time to take a few pictures lately, here are some I took last night. I especially like the ones with the funky sky over the hay field.




1 comment:

Michael said...

Love the garden growing shots.

Don't work too hard.


Take Care
Michael