Sunday, July 09, 2006

Just too busy

Sorry it has been so long since I've posted. My friend Jim gives a great explanation for us both:

"You may have noticed that posting is getting more and more sparse as summer comes on. That is not because nothing is going on, it’s because so much is going on I just haven’t been taking the time to write about it."

Life has been crazy at our farm. B's parents came for a nice visit, and then my mom arrived with my two nephews in tow (4 and 12 years old). It was an exhausting couple of weeks! We had great fun with both sets of families, but the housework, the outside work, barn chores, and that daytime gig all still need to be done. B and I worked 1/2 days, so we could leave at lunchtime and get home to the fun. But that means we spent the morning trying to cram 8 hours of work in!

Lest you think that this weekend was spent recuperating, think again! I had to proctor a test Saturday morning at work, so I was there until noon, and then left for an industry organization's board meeting. I didn't arrive home until 5:15 pm, and I left in the morning at 6:45 am. B had a project at work last evening, too, so he high-fived me on the way out the door. He worked all night and got home about 8:00 am. He worked outside yesterday, cleaned the barn and mowed the lawn. I think that we are both taking today OFF completely.

Next weekend promises to be the same, I have another work function on Saturday, and another industry function on Sunday. I will hardly see B or the kids next weekend. : ( The week after that is the Madison County Fair, and the following week my dad comes. It truly never ends, at least until school starts.

You might notice that I have been mentioning "industry events." I would like to blog more about them, as the cast of characters is quite interesting and gives me much blog-fodder, but it's too sensitive.

I've been doing some thinking, and I have decided to change the name of my blog to something more anonymous. If you were thinking of buying a goat from me, you might google our farm name and come up with my farm site and my blog site. You could easily connect the two. My blog gives insight into some deep personal issues, and I don't really think that it is the business of my customers and my colleagues. I realize it sounds silly-- after all, the blog is public, for goodness sake!! But it's an anonymous kind of public. The fact that one can bare all under the safety of anonymity is very cathartic. Tying my two sites together risks people who deal with me on a superficial level having the opportunity to judge me based upon words or insights taken out of context. If someone inadvertently surfs into my site and judges me harshly on those words/insights taken out of context, I don't really care. I can choose to engage in debate with them or not. And they can do the same, or just surf on to the next site. However, if you and I are doing business, then the blog gives you an insight into me without dialogue. I don't have an opportunity to know those things about you, or explain myself beyond the one dimension that you are reading.

As I said before, that was the reason that I removed the link to my blog from my farm's website. I think I need to go the extra step and make it officially anonymous. So, in the next few days, I will be switching my blog over to goatmom.blogspot.com. If you accidentally come back here, I will leave a link for a few weeks, at least. Eventually I'll remove the link and the old site will be only for superficial farm posts. goatmom will be for the deep stuff.

Happy Sunday! Look forward to more posts when the changeover has been made. There is lots to say, but much of it is personal and I am unable to say it in cyberspace unless my name is not attached!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So which site should I link to, the farm site or the one with all the low level personal stuff?

It’s getting very difficult to find good agrarian psychobabble on the web these days.

Reading your site has given me that comfy feeling; you know that “Maybe the space ship will come back again some day after all” feeling.

Please keep mixing them up at least a bit.

Smukke said...

I like 'goatmom.' I hope I remember to fix the address on my favorites list... heh

Michael said...

Hey there

Take Care
Michael

Iowa Greyhound said...

Good see you're back online!