Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What a morning...

I have had "one of those mornings." I got up early enough to get to work early. I was happy about that, because I am taking tomorrow and half of Friday off to recuperate from my crazy month. (Like one day will help! But it's a start...) I ended up late for work, since about the time I left, Rocky (our dog) ran away. It makes me so incensed, since Raven would never run away. The emotional side of me thinks that if life is so terrible at our house that he just wants to bolt every time the door opens, then he should just run and leave his miserable existence here. Why should we hold him captive and feed him great food and love on him and give him a nice warm house, if he would rather be on his own? I know that he doesn't really think that logically, but it just makes me angry... So instead of heading for work, I help B find him in the hay field. I am running through the grass in my blazer and skirt. I smashed my hand in the gate, and it is swollen and bruised already. I stepped in dog poo in my new (not work) boots. I left without getting breakfast, and I was already 20 minutes late.

As I typed this blog, I got a call from B that he had run over a kitten.

Ugh, what a day. I just want to go back to bed, and it isn't even 9:00.

On the positive side, I did sell our corn this morning for a very great $2.89 a bushel! Woo hoo! We will be buying "infrastructure" as B calls it-- fence and waterers. Of course, I would like to buy more goats, but that's always my answer!

3 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

Poor food lady and poor B! That is a crazy morning.

I'm not sure if it will help the kitten, but I have a new Car and Driver for B. That should cheer him up.

I wonder what W. was looking for when he ran away!

Hang in there!

Goat Mom said...

He was looking for a clue, and I'm sure he didn't find it. B had to kill the kitten-- a bad start to his day, too.

Smukke said...

Poo on new boots (sigh) Been there, done that. How do dogs always manage to hide a smelly pile of stuff that looks nothing like grass, and yet I can't eer manage to spot it out there until after I step in it??