Sunday, November 12, 2006

Good Morning Food Lady!!

I am sick. With strep throat. Ugh...

So when I came into the barn this morning, I was not myself, groggy and sick. I perked up right away when I was greeted by a gaggle of cats plus two goats and a llama. Because I was late this morning, it seems that Major decided to stir up some trouble. He opened up the stall next to his, containing Cindi, Ernie and Joe Llama. It was a free for all in the barn-- hay everywhere, jumping and frolicking in the aisles... Thankfully I have endured enough shennangans to know that one should always keep the grain locked up and goat proof.

Because they were extra hungry, it didn't take much more than a feeder full of grain to entice them back into captivity.

On a related note, I let the horses out and they were alarmed by something. Horses are so funny, they look like weather vanes when they are worried or concerned about something. They face the "threat" all puffed up, all standing in the same direction like sentries defending against said threat. So today I noticed that there was cause for concern. I peeked around the barn to see what they were en guarde against, and lo and behold there was a field full of cattle a couple of pastures away. Horrors!!

However, I did also notice that an old fence was broken and needs to be repaired. I hope they don't consider a jailbreak until I am feeling better

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get feeling better soon! I'll send a Car and Driver with B., that always makes me feel better.

Major is a loon!