Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day!

Today is a snow day, and rightly so. It's miserable out there! Windy, snowy, and cold. I can easily work from home, so I get the honor of staying home with the kids. I like snow days, as I can toss in a load of laundry, or get a few things done in between projects.

This morning when B and I were doing morning chores (bless his heart, he has started helping me since it has been so bitterly cold), the conversation went something like this:

B: It's so cold out here!! I can't imagine anything colder than standing out here filling buckets, other than ICE FISHING! Those people have to be NUTS to sit out there for hours! It's cold enough when you're doing something, but when you're just sitting there in the cold, it has to be downright frigid!

Me: You know, that's a good idea. When I was waiting for Precious to kid, I was so cold just because I was just sitting there. When I am working, I am not that cold, but just sitting there it was really bad. Maybe we should look for some ice fishing gear!? Do you suppose they make gear specific to ice fishing?

B: It's called beer. The miracle drug. It makes ugly people look sexy and cold people feel warm.

1 comment:

Smukke said...

Maybe the trick is to feed the moma goat some Beer so she is more receptive to babies... ;)