Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Watched Pot

She's not boiling.

I remember as a teenager, babysitting until the wee hours of the morning. It was always a Saturday night, I'd watch Saturday Night Live, long after the kids went to bed. Then would come Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. Then Live at the Apollo... and then usually the people would be home by then. I do remember a few nights when I'd be up long enough to hear NBC play the national anthem and then sign off for the night.

Well, here I sit. Saturday night, and I am waiting for Cindi to kid. I am watching her on my newly-installed goatcam, which has been incredibly helpful. B saved me, once again. He is my IT hero.

It's 4:11 am. I have balanced the checkbook and paid bills. I have reviewed my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. I have done and filed my taxes even! I have baked bread. COME ON GIRL!!

She is in early labor, up and down, up and down, her udder is very full and "shiny" (one of the signs of pending labor), and her ligaments are loose and ready for delivery. So what's the holdup, Mizzus? I'm TIRED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm trying to get a video/audio system for my barn...two mares foaling this year, one a maiden one, and i'm usually hysterical, a friend reminded me. the wireless rig from Lowe's worked, marginally, until half an hour after my boyfriend/partner left for home 3 hrs. away!
any suggestions of cheapest way to go?...barn is less than 200 feet from house, but it is polebarn (metal) sided. I can leave the big sliding door open to get a straight shot to the house.
friend's son in the business said i need wired (cable) system...the only option. i can probly do it for about $200, using TV for monitor. does anyone know if this is reasonable?
i live in country between Ann Arbor and Jackson, Michigan.
contact info: Hermione at hollowhillfarm@hotmail.com or, if you have immediate info you can call me at 734-428-8796, lv message
any feedback would be appreciated