Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Hero, Redux

Yes, once again B proves that he's my Major Dude. The dryer has been on the fritz forever, until recently when the motor literally blew up. With a pop and a puff of smoke.

We knew it was limping along all summer, but we didn't need it for much, since we hung clothes out all summer. Now, with fall around the corner, it was time to get it fixed. So we ordered the part, and B set out to play repairman. I did not notice if he was showing excessive buttcrack, as I was busy working on a task I was dreading.

Plumber pants or whatever his secret was, he had it running within a couple of hours. It's humming along, very quietly, with no signs of struggle. I never thought I would appreciate the sound of laundry being done.

Alas, now time to tackle Mount Washmore (stole that one from PW).

P.S. GREAT NEWS!!! The Slatterys are moving!!!! Sadly, they are getting a divorce. I would not wish that on anyone, and imagine their lives are in turmoil. However, I am glad they will no longer be our neighbors! Nor will their pack of wayward dogs!

1 comment:

Iowa Greyhound said...

B. is not only a carpenter, he works on appliances too???

So odd about your neighbors, they had such an ideal lifestyle. :)