Wednesday, February 27, 2008

and on we go...

Well, yesterday we had yet another snowstorm, and yet another snow day.  And normally I enjoy an unexpected snow day.  It's unplanned bonus time that you get to spend with your kids, enjoying a beautiful scene out the window.  Of course, I usually do have to work from home, so there is some obligation, but for the most part it's an enjoyable day.

But we had a snow day 2 weeks ago, and last week L was sick.  Three weeks ago he was sick also.  So I can't remember a week that has gone by in recent memory that I have not been home at least one day.  And you know the old saying, "I see you've been missing work lately..."  "Well, I wouldn't exactly say I've been MISSING it!"  Yeah, that's how I feel, especially since I have had to work those days, just get to do it from home.  But I am SO behind at work, it is weighing on me.  I need three catch up days that nobody else gets!  The trouble is, I can't even put in serious time on the weekends, as we have so many goats that there is always something to do.  Now, when I *sell* some of them, I'll be happy to have that income, and will feel like my efforts are paying off.  However, right now, it feels like a glorified hobby gone horribly wrong.

Yesterday, despite the snow day, we had our HughesNet fixed.  The technician came and said it had been installed incorrectly, and was horribly un-level and that is why we have had problems with it since day one.  Nice.  And who do we hold accountable for that???  Why do we have to pay $125 for him to come out and fix someone else's work that we already paid for?

Just as he was leaving, I looked into the mudroom (which is just by the back door) and I saw a puddle of water.  Yep, the washing machine had leaked all over the floor.  Add that to the list, along with the water heater.  I don't dare ask, "what next?"

When it rains, it pours. 

No comments: