Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Mother Nature is a Cruel, Heartless Bitch

Yesterday I woke up to pouring, torrential rain, thunder and lightning.  It was as if Mother Nature was announcing, “Listen up, Suckers!!  You wanted Spring, you GOT Spring!”  Complete with her wrath.

I admit, after the last thunderstorm we had, I was a little gun-shy about running outside in the storm to feed the animals housed in a metal building.  But they had to eat, and I had to get to work, so I did it.  Then, after we remodeled our bathroom so wonderfully, I was again worried that plunging myself into a cast iron tub, with water inside, in front of a window, while it was lightning outside might not be the best idea.  But again, the work thing, and then the stink thing.  So I did it.  And lived to write this blog about it.

But THIS morning.  THIS morning, Mother Nature has played a cruel April Fools joke.  She is so heartless and ruthless.  There is an inch of snow on the ground this morning.

Well, at least I was not concerned about bathing during the flurries.  And, after all, I have had plenty of practice driving in it.

I really wish Spring would come.

1 comment:

Iowa Greyhound said...

And what did she bring us today, more snow! She owes us two extra months of nice weather!