Sunday, April 27, 2008

When It Rains It Pours

I think I have journaled before with that same title.  It always seems to pour at my house!

Three weeks ago, the alternator went out on my car.  That was an unexpected $550 that I paid to get it fixed.  Thank goodness for a great mechanic, who really charges far less than he is worth.  I had no problem paying HIM, I just had a problem paying…

Now my car is broken again.  Well, the air conditioning is STILL broken (for the second time since 2004).  I had the entire system replaced once, but it broke again, and it has stayed broken. 

But along with the A/C, the VTEC solenoid is broken.  I don’t really understand the ins and outs of how that works, but I do know that my car can’t go above 60mph, and even then, to get there, I have to shift it judiciously.  I don’t know how expensive it will be to fix, but I do know that I really had not expected yet ANOTHER round of repairs on the car.

And, since we have the luck o’ the Murphys, it would only make sense that the water heater would break this evening, too.  The pilot light won’t stay lit now.  We know it needs to be replaced, but with the recent rash of unexpected repairs, it was something that was on the “just after the short-term fires are put out” list.  Operative word here is “was.”

Well, I guess I have the government’s economic stimulus check spent six ways to Sunday.

1 comment:

Iowa Greyhound said...

OMG, I want to light a candle for your cars and your house.

But, think of the gas you'll save only being able to drive 60 mph! Maybe you can leave the vtec solenoid broken to help the planet?