Thursday, September 04, 2008

My New Toy


Toyota, that is.  :)  My wonderful best friend bought me a new truck.  He went to the dealership (knowing my intense phobia of car dealers-- and that is not an exaggeration), and he made all of the arrangements, picked it out, test drove it, signed on the line and everything.  All I had to do was come and learn about the cool features and drive it home!  I knew he would pick an excellent vehicle (he always does) and he outdid himself.  This is the third time he has picked out a car without my being there, and he always does well.


My previous car died on the side of I-80 three weeks ago and had a myriad of things wrong with it.  It would have been expensive to get it fixed, and even after that, it was likely to break again.  Our fabulous mechanic (the best in the universe, next to my dear old dad) said that Honda made a lemon that year.  He told me that the car needed not to be mine.  Great guy-- most mechanics would have been happy to continue to take my money!


Anyway, it's an incredible truck.  It is a Tundra, named Motor Trend's 2008 Truck of the Year.  And rightly so!  There are only two complaints that I have:  1) I don't like the cruise control button, and 2) the stereo could be better.  It is not a bad stereo, but it is not kick-ass, either.  However, I did not buy the truck for the stereo, nor the cruise control.  And I would (make B) buy it all over again 100 times even with those flaws!


Did I mention that I like my truck?  :)


It pulls 10,300 pounds-- plenty of power for the new (used) stock trailer we bought last month.  It has a roomy back seat for the kids, and a ton of storage space.  It's so huge, everybody takes me seriously.


I know so, because I took it to the feed store yesterday. And it WAY passed the test.  The guys were ooh-ing and aaah-ing all over it.


Keep an eye out for me.  With my 380 horsepower, I'm likely to be passing you sometime soon. (Hopefully you won't be passing me as I am pulled over by a state trooper on the side of the road!)



1 comment:

Iowa Greyhound said...

That's awesome!

When do we get to see pics of the trailer project?