Friday, December 05, 2008

Not Enough Time on My Hands

Why is there no expression for that? I can't believe the entire month of November got away from me without a post. That is the first time since starting the blog that I did not post even once during the month. I hope that you had a very blessed and reflective Thanksgiving. We certainly did.

It's blowing outside, making the just-above-freezing temperature feel like sub-zero. The animals are tucked in the barn, and snuggled into deep beds of fresh straw. Some of them don't even get up when I come in the barn, they just want to keep cozy. The kitties' paws are freezing cold, and nobody minds a good warm carry to the barn these days.

For us, it's no fun. Back to the frozen water buckets, beating them twice a day until the big bucket-shaped hunks of ice come sliding out. First hauling the 50-ish pound buckets outside, and dumping them, and then back inside again, taking care not to spill it on yourself.

We are coming up on the fun time, though-- kidding season. Today I should be finding out the results of the pregnancy tests of the 11 does that should be bred for winter/spring kids. Tango looks as though she will kid soon, her udder is big and her sides are bulging out. Velvet is also obviously bred. I don't have a breeding date on Tango, though, so I will just have to watch her like a hawk. I do that anyway...

Christmas is just around the corner-- seems like it was just last Christmas. While I don't generally like time to fly, at least the faster Christmas gets here, the faster it will be spring. :)

Stay warm, snuggle with your best friend. :)

1 comment:

Michael said...

Hi.

Just a quick note to the note you left me behind my blue eyes... I do have an account but never use it. You can invite me and I would follow you. Search by me email. I hope you are well.

Take Care
Michael