Thursday, December 30, 2004

Time

I never have enough of it. I hope that this is just a temporary thing, and that I am not forever going to be looking at an incomplete to-do list. I think I will die an early death, otherwise! It’s stressful!

I am taking care of our neighbor’s horses again. At least it has been warm, but it is a huge time consumer. The water situation is not as convenient as mine, plus he has more horses.

Last time I blogged about my Christmas “gift”, Nic. He is doing well. Thriving, actually. I can’t believe how much weight he has put on in just a few days. However, the day after I found him I went back and found his brother. His brother was sick, has a bad respiratory infection. While I realize that these are barn cats (though that is even in question), and they are hardy and wild, I can’t stand to see an animal suffer. So I brought him inside. I can’t keep him, I already have the 2 cats inside. Not only that, but he is infected, and I don’t want the others to get sick. So he is recuperating in his sick room, a huge dog carrier I have downstairs. I have it fully equipped with a litterbox, heated blankies, food, etc. He doesn’t eat, though, and I am bottle feeding him with kitten milk replacer. I took him to the vet yesterday, and he got a shot of antibiotics. It is touch and go—he is emaciated and has little strength. I am giving him baths now and again to clean his coat, which gets full of mucous, and to warm him up. Yesterday he couldn’t stand in the tub, he was so weak. This kitten has a strong spirit, though, even though he is not well. He purrs when he can, and he never fails to meow at a person when they are out on the porch. I think he will make it, and I am glad that I can help him out. However, taking care of him is taking a lot of time and emotional investment. If you want a kitten and can give him a forever home, email me! I can’t keep him, and will give him to a good home when he is better. (Michael Knight wants a cat, I just know it...)

The horses at my house are doing fine, thank goodness and knock on wood. It has been warm, and you can see the mood change in everyone. Major likes to play, so we’ve been taking a few extra minutes to chase him around the pasture when we let him out.

Of course, the kids are home this break, so we are juggling schedules this week. You’d think we have more time, but it seems like we have less. It doesn’t help that the house doesn’t ever seem to stay clean when they are home.

Did I tell you that I haven’t sent my Christmas cards yet? I have tomorrow off, and I WILL do them then!!

What are your new years plans? I will be doing Christmas cards… Actually, I have been so exhausted lately, going to bed before 11, that I doubt I’ll make it to midnight tomorrow. Maybe I can nap in the afternoon, just to tide me over!


2 comments:

Michael said...

I'm starting on my Christmas cards for next year.

(yeh right!)

Cats do make good pets ...and yet I am too far away with too little time of my own...

Take Care
Michael

Anonymous said...

A cat would be pretty cool. Does it do well riding in a car? - Michael Knight