Thursday, December 23, 2004

Ugh.

I have a headache this morning. The kind that makes you want to puke. Of course, the last thing I wanted to do was jump out of bed and feed the horses in the subzero weather. It's a balmy -1.6 right now, but there's hope! The weather forecast calls for a slight warmup this afternoon:

A north wind at 10 to 15 mph and temperatures in the single digits
above to below zero will produce wind chill indices between 20 and 25
degrees below zero this morning... across areas south of Interstate
80. Expect slight warming this afternoon... with wind chill indices
from 10 to 15 below zero.


I took hot water out, as is my usual routine. It was not my usual routine to have it spill down the back of my pant legs. I didn't notice until I got into the barn, too late to change out of my 3 layers of clothes. I came to that realization when my pant legs were too stiff to bend. The stall water buckets were still full, but frozen nearly all the way through. I had to chisel the ice out of them and use the hot water to thaw. Of course, my gloves were wet, but not for long! They froze into nice ice cube fingers. It wasn't really cold, per se, as I was dressed for the weather, but it was very cumbersome. And my head was throbbing.

So, if you are feeling yukky today, then commiserate with me. If you're feeling good, feel a little extra good on my behalf! M asked me if I would be better by Christmas. I sure hope so. I hate feeling like this!

Back to bed with my heating pad.

P.S. When I am bitching about the heat in the summer, somebody email me and remind me about this post. : )


1 comment:

Michael said...

I've got a woodpile on my blog if you need any wood for the fire. Take all that you need.

I hope you feel better.

Take Care
Michael