Thursday, January 06, 2005

Brudders.


Brudders.
Originally uploaded by Terre d'Esprit.
Here are the kitty brudders! The one on the left is Valdez, the kitten formerly known as "sick kitty." The one on the right is Nic. You can see the difference-- Valdez still has an eye cold and is really, really skinny. In the 2 weeks' time that it has been that Nic has been eating and Valdez has not, Nic has really grown a lot bigger. Soon V will catch up!

The little neighbor girl came back today to play. She offered more cats to us, saying they were "indoor/outdoor" cats. B doesn't think the mom wants the kittens back.

Ironically, one of BB's cats is sick. He has an eye infection. I have been giving it antibiotics, though it isn't making huge strides in recovery. The little girl told L to try and catch the kitty. Her mom supposedly made an appointment for the kitten at the vet. She said, "Please catch him-- my mom doesn't want to lose her money if she doesn't take him to the vet." Whaaaattt??

I don't know if the girl was making up the story, or if the mom is trying to make up for her treatment of V and N. Either way, it doesn't matter. These are apples and oranges. BB's kitten is feral. I couldn't doctor it if I tried (other than giving it antibiotics in its food). I couldn't bring it inside. The only thing I could possibly do is live trap it and take it to the vet. I feed and water them daily and give them shelter with bedding.

Valdez and Nic are house cats. They have no survival skills. Putting them outside in December at 8 weeks of age, giving them no shelter or food or water, that is completely different.

Okay, I'm done venting. I hope this is the last I worry about what's going to happen to them, or what has happened to them.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Valdez now has a new meaning.

It means the cats are staying no matter what.

Take Care
Michael