Sunday, January 30, 2005

Bye Val. : (

Yesterday B and the kids took Val to the animal shelter. I had to work, so they did it while I was gone. I am glad for that, because I would have had to tell the whole story of his rescue to the kind folks working there. B did, he made sure they knew that he was a rescue, but I would have made them repeat it back to me a few times, swearing that they would pass the info along to his new family. The kids were fine with taking him, and things seem a little more back to normal around here.

You can see his picture here (not posted just yet, but keep watching with us and hoping that he finds a forever home!):

Raccoon Valley Humane Society

Bye Val. You deserve a pampered, love-filled life.

Bub is doing well. I saw her scratch her ear with her broken leg, so she can't be in all that much pain. Actually, she's never been in all that much pain, really. But I think it's still going to be a week or so before she can come out. Nic will pounce on her immediately, I just know it. The dogs will be curious, Shadow will fight if incited. Plus, with all those animals underfoot, one is always getting stepped on. I want her to be able to take all of that without getting hurt. So it will be a while before she can come out. I love on her in the evenings, and let her walk around, and she is putting weight on her leg now, so I am confident all will work out!

Happy Sunday!

No comments: