Sunday, February 27, 2005

I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

Friday night I attended an amazing performance of Fiddler on the Roof, by Troika Productions out of Washington, DC. I was invited as the guest of an area hotel that I have done business with in the past. The hotel hosted a decadent "Fiddler" themed reception before the event, complete with smoked salmon, caviar, a vodka-bottle-shaped ice sculpture holding shots of exotic-flavored vodka, and a violinist (fiddler?). After the show, we stayed overnight in our complimentary guest room, and enjoyed breakfast in the morning, also on the hotel. The kids enjoyed the restaurant and the swimming. : )

So, Saturday morning we woke up at the crack of dawn, sped the entire 1.5 hour drive, and arrived home to be lectured by our four-legged bosses for being negligent. We had served Friday's supper WAY too early, and Saturday's breakfast was coming a full four hours late. This was not acceptable.

I rushed from the car, ran in the back porch, put on my boots and barn coat, and proceeded to spend the remainder of the morning shoveling shit. Right where I belong. : )

You know, it's good to be home.

No comments: