Thursday, March 03, 2005

Bliss

Well, I got my new girth today, and it fits!! The 48" would have fit better, but the 46" did the trick. All the parts are all stiff and new also, so after things are broken in a bit, it will be easier.

Riding in that saddle is amazing!! I always have to consciously lower my center of gravity when I ride, often I start my ride feeling like I am sitting on top of the horse, and I know I have reached the ideal point when I feel like I am one with him. I feel like I have shrunk a few inches, like I am actually shorter. Well, riding in the Stubben it was instantly comfortable. Like putting on your favorite pair of shoes or sweats. It fit well, and at first I thought my stirrups were too long. But in actuality, it was juuuuust right. : ) All that time riding in a saddle that didn't fit makes me appreciate how good a nice, well-fitting saddle feels. My center of gravity lowered instantly.

I didn't ride very long. I had a meeting after work, and I came home and a kitty invited me to pet him on the bed. The next thing I knew, B was home and waking me up. He saw that the girth had come and wanted to know why my butt wasn't in the saddle! He helped me groom Major and lunge him (to get the jitters out) and gave me a leg up.

After I was on, B had a million questions: "How did it feel? Does it feel better? Can you tell the difference?" So I told him to get on. I was proud of him, he has ridden only 2 times since I've known him (that will be 18 years this fall), and he got right on the stallion. And he didn't even need a leg up. : D

I told him to concentrate on plugging into the saddle and lowering his center of gravity, and he did really well. I led Major around, but that isn't what's important. He really did well on his awareness.

Oh, and he LOVED Tristan!

It's supposed to be 53 degrees tomorrow, and 55 on Sunday. Guess what I will be doing!!

1 comment:

Michael said...

I was grinning from ear to ear reading your story.
I love reading about other people's joy.

Take Care
Michael