Friday, March 04, 2005

The "Interview Me" Game

My friend Michael invited his visitors to play this game. One of his regular blog visitors asked him five questions, and he responded on his blog. I volunteered to play, and he has asked me five questions. Five people can respond to me, and I will ask them five questions, for them to answer on their blog.

Now, it seems that Michael, while he fancies himself a lurker, has been one of just a few of you to post comments. You think I don't know who you are, but that's not true. I know the vast majority of the 871 of you who have surfed into my website! So come out of the woodwork, and let me ask you some questions! Post a reply and I will make up some questions for you to answer!

Here are Michael's questions and my answers. And be warned, the questions are basic, straightforward questions, but I can NEVER give a basic, straightforward answer!!

1. What was the name of your favorite pet growing up?
This is an interesting question, one with a complicated answer (see, I told you!!). I have never had a deeper love for a pet than I have for my dog Raven. She has been my companion for 7 years now, and I have never known a more loyal four-legged soul.

There have been other pets that I have loved, for different reasons.
Growing up we had a dog named King. He was a mutt, some sort of collie mix, that came to our door one day. He was so loyal. We fed him and he stuck like glue. We weren't supposed to have dogs in the rental house we lived in, and we gave him to a family member who lived about 20 miles away. About a week later, he showed up at our door! He had run the entire way home! I had a cat named Daisy at that time. Daisy got hit by a car, poor soul, right after she had kittens. King loved her kittens like they were his babies. He snuggled and loved on them. King's obsession was fetching. That dog would border on annoying because he would ALWAYS want to fetch. You would be sitting there, and he would drop something (sticks, balls, even ROCKS, if he were desperate!) at your feet. If you ignored him, he would jump on it, like he was trying to get you to notice. He'd pick up the object and put it on your feet, just in case you weren't sure what he wanted. : ) We moved to our own house a few years later, and we lived on another busy highway. King, true to his nature, fetched a stick that a nasty neighbor boy threw in the highway. A semi truck was coming and couldn't stop in time for King. My heart is still broken because of what that boy did.

I have had many, many pets over the years. Cats include: Daisy, Meadows (with 7 toes!), Sniffles, Puddy, Milton, Pooky, Val and of course my current kitties: Shadow, Nic, Bub, B.B., Mark & Tippy. My dogs have been: Button, King, Abby, Woeful (he and Abby were Basset Hounds), Bozo (she liked Gin), and my current pups Raven & Rocky.

I had a guinea pig named Wilbur, and a couple of hamsters over the years.

I always wanted horses, but still don't have any of my own. I take care of my friend's horses, Major, Kitten & Cleo. We have also cared for Cosmo & Fruity here.


2. What kind of music moves you the most?

I am a fickle person. What makes me happy one day will not do it for me the next. Someone once remarked that our music collection was very vast and unusual. We have everything from Van Morrison to Madonna to Nirvana to Tchaikovsky, and a whole lot more non-mainstream musicians. I love 80's music, if I am in a silly, fickle mood. If I am needing motivation, I like Indian music. For some reason that gets the lead out. I am a definite child of the 80's, so some of the songs from that genre make me nostalgic. My parents were borderline hippies, so I grew up on the Rolling Stones and the Doors. (Mom and Dad, you guys have great taste!) At the moment I am listening to Brimful of Asha by Cornershop. Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow!


3. OK admit it, now that you got me hooked. How were you first attracted to the Corn Cam?

The answer is a boring one, sadly. I was perusing Iowa Farmer Today, and saw the corn cam. : )


4. Tell us about a happy moment.

I have lots of them. One just happened a few minutes ago- my son heard me playing Brimful of Asha, and he came down and asked me to turn it up. Then we danced together. : )

My life doesn't have a lot of powerful "turning point" moments. Of course, I will never forget the day I met my husband, the day he proposed, the day we married, the moments my children were born, etc. But anyone can get married. It takes years and years of small, meaningful moments to build the amazing partnership we have. Same with children. Your childhood is built on a framework of small moments stacked up.

I like moments that I am reminded. I have written about moments that I am reminded how God is in charge, looking at the stars, seeing a sunrise. I love riding, because it focuses me on the task at hand, not the bills, or work, or the laundry. I like spending time in the barn because it reminds me that sometimes the poop is most important. : )


5. What is the biggest snowstorm that you have seen?

Growing up in Wisconsin, I have seen a lot of snow. I can't really remember storms in terms of inches, but growing up I remember snow so high that we couldn't open the door!

My favorite kind of snow is the soft, big flakes. The ones that you can hear when they land on the snowy blanket.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Well done.

I would be pleased to answer 5 of your questions.

Take Care
Michael