Friday, March 18, 2005

I've missed blogging!

Have you missed my postings?

I hate to use the cliche excuse of work, but that is the truth. In my wish to remain somewhat "generic" I haven't revealed anything about my career. Without going into too much detail, suffice it to say that my busy times are very, very busy. I have put in some 12-15 hour days lately. Sometimes I stay at work, and sometimes I bring my work home. Sadly (or not!) when I get home, the last thing I want to do is work at my job. I would rather work in the barn or outside, or even clean my house, than do "work-work" (as I call it).

I have also not felt well. I think I had a sinus infection. I am now just about over it, and looking at all of the things that I have neglected in favor of going to bed early and resting in the afternoons.

But enough of that.

Spring is nearly here. When I left for work this morning, it was a balmy 41 degrees. It rained some this afternoon, and when I got home, it was greener. I can SEE the difference between this morning and this afternoon. It's amazing.

The horses are spending much more time grazing than with their head stuck in the bale of hay. The grass is under the dead, winter-beaten vegetation, but it is there. The horses move their top lip back and forth against the ground to push the dead grass out of the way and find the tender new growth. It's funny to watch them. I think they are anxious for spring, too. I know that the summer heat can be hard on them, but I caught Major dozing in the warm breeze in his stall the other day. I know he was wishing for spring as much as I am.

We worked hard on the paddock last weekend. We will need to finish it up this weekend, but we made a lot of progress. We tore down all of the old, and B has dug about half of the 7 holes for the new posts. I removed the cattle panel from the old posts and hauled away the rotten ones (I will use them for landscaping). I even bought plants to plant where the sections of the pasture used to be. They will benefit nicely from the nearby spigot I use to fill the horses' buckets.

I hope springtime is coming to your house. Or at least to your heart.

lillies

Believe me now?

3 comments:

Michael said...

Hey I can see it now!




The garden Cam!


I'm happy.

Take Care
Michael

Anonymous said...

M is right!

You really need a farm cam of some sort. That computer guy on the bridge could put something together!

- Michael Knight

Michael said...

I hope things are fine and that you are just busy.

Make sure you take soem tie to take a breath or two.

Take Care
Michael