Friday, March 25, 2005

Sorry. : (

I am still here. Thanks, Michael, for prodding me to poke my head in and say hello.

Work is keeping me very busy. I have not ridden (or written) as much as I have wanted to. I bring work home every day, and many days I am working right up until bedtime, which is 10:30-12:00, depending. I am preparing for two meetings. One is in New York and has been difficult. It's a difficult venue and a difficult client. The second meeting is for my new client, as a result of my promotion. That meeting is in Iowa, and easy, but I am trying to dot every i and cross every t, as I want to make an excellent first impression. I am also studying for a test for a certification for my line of work. It is very difficult, and I began studying at the beginning of the year for a test I plan to take in December.

I will be back in my down time mid April, so I expect to be back to blogging more than weekly. I hope you all stick around, because I have a lot to say. : ) I always have a lot to say, this time of year I just don't have a lot of time to say it!

I don't want to talk about work here. The blog isn't about my work, it's about my farm and my adjustment to living in the country. But work is the reason that I have not shared my insight lately, and I felt like I owed you an explanation. I can see who comes in and visits, so I know that you continue to be faithful visitors, even if I am not a faithful blogger.

So, please bear with me. I promise to be back in full cheek, insolence and impudence very soon!! I promise to provide tales of snakes, ticks and ladybugs! I promise hours of entertainment and intrigue on life in the country!

Oh, and I'm working on a bit of a surprise for you...

(Come on MK, let's do this!!)

A quick update before I go back to work (yes, I am blogging on work time, but I figure it's fair because I often work on blogging time). Things at the farm are greening up quite nicely! We finished the fence in the paddock, and Major is enjoying investigating his new surroundings. The girls often come up and taunt him, they turn around, shake their booties to get his interest, and then kick at him. Poor guy... He is finding a lot of tender new grass in there to nibble on, and he's been happily rolling in the dirt the second you turn him out.

It rained yesterday and today, I bet it will really be green tomorrow. Not only that, but it's supposed to be over 70 degrees early next week, and one day of warm weather and it will be instant spring.

I don't have any bulbs at my house. At my old house I had some tulips, daffodils, crocus and hyacinths. They really heralded spring in a big way. I often brought a bouquet into my office to cheer myself up! I will have to plant some in the fall, I really miss them.

We planted seeds a couple of weeks ago. In Wisconsin we used to benchmark the corn as being knee-high by the 4th of July. My corn sprouts are going to be knee-high by next week, since I stupidly started them inside. I rationalized that maybe they would be sturdier and resist the rabbits (wrong) when they were put out. B reminded me that the taller ones are especially appealing to deer. : ) But you know, it is cheap entertainment. If I lose them all because I planted them too early, at least I had a few weeks of anticipation of spring as I watched and waited for them to sprout. The beans, peas, cucumbers and sunflowers are all about as high as the corn. The columbines and lavender have yet to sprout. I have not yet started the tomatoes.

I hope you are feeling some spring in your neck of the woods.

Have a peaceful and blessed weekend.

2 comments:

Michael said...

No sorrys.

I enjoy your words but I can wait. I was just letting you know I was still out here.

Take care of yourself
Michael

Anonymous said...

KITT and I actually free next Saturday, if you want B and me to start work on "Project Corona". If not, April is pretty open too. (April is a low crime month for KITT.)

- Michael Knight