Sunday, March 27, 2005

Reflection

Resurrection.

That's the theme for today. It hit me in the face when I went out to feed the horses this morning. My hyacinths are poking through the ground. The birds were in full chorus this morning, singing to the point of chaos! You can smell the earth, it makes you want to breathe as deeply as you can and drink it all in.

Our temperature was over 60 today, so it is beautiful. We worked hard yesterday and finished the paddock, so today we spent the day doing what we wanted. I planted a few perennials around the paddock to get rid of the shaggy look of the place. I also planted berry bushes in the back - raspberry, blueberry & blackberry bushes.

I rode for a long time. Major was exhausted when we were done, and my legs were like jello! It was a great feeling, and I can't wait to do it again. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the mid 70's. I'm supposed to have a meeting tomorrow after 5pm, but maybe I can move it. It will be a great day for a ride tomorrow as well!

I can't wait until my busy time is over. I am looking forward to so much more time in the saddle.

We'll we're about to sit down to a nice Easter dinner of ham, potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, and pumpkin & cherry pie!

I hope your Easter is a blessed one.

1 comment:

Michael said...

What a beautiful post.

I hope you enjoyed your Easter.

Take Care
Michael