Friday, July 08, 2005

Visit

I drove the 45 minutes yesterday to visit Major at his "new" barn. He seemed happy to see me, especially because my pockets were bulging with treats.

Interestingly, when I used to ride him during my lessons, I would get there on a Saturday, and he would seem annoyed with me. He would be mean, or at least dismissive, and very impatient (Why I loved him in spite of that is another story. Maybe I'll tell it later...). I was wondering if he'd really remember me. I mean, I know they can remember, but I just wondered if he would treat me differently because I was not his caregiver anymore. But he seemed happy to see me, and he remembered the tricks I had taught him.

M called me a few days ago and said he was really angry when she brought him there. She said he was biting the bars and everyone who came into his stall. I told him that she should take out the bars, or somehow let him hang his head out. He doesn't have bars at my house, and can hang his head over and see what is going on. So she did, and he stopped biting! Here is his picture-- looking over the side, of course. (forgive the quality, it's my cell phone cam)

Major

We saw the rest of the gang: Ace, Kitten, Sonny and May. I hadn't seen much of May previously, but I spent a little time with her yesterday. M gave a handicapped boy a lesson on her, and then drove her a bit. She looks great! She's a Shetland Pony.

May

I'll definitely have to go back.

1 comment:

Michael said...

How could he not love you?


Take Care
Michael