Saturday, August 27, 2005

advice from the dumbass gardener

Well, I planted THREE tomato plants this year. In my back flowerbed. They have taken over. Think beanstalk. I seriously am afraid they might come in the house at night to choke me.

tomato plants.JPG

They would have reason to choke me, because I had the lack of sense to plant them so only one side was easily accessed. I have tomatoes out my ears, and I have to practically climb into the flowerbed to harvest them.

They are taking over-- they have smashed down their tomato cages and have choked out the flowers in that flowerbed (I have some mums that I had hoped to enjoy when the tomatoes were done producing and finally cut back).

I am going to work on my garden this fall-- I will try "lasagna gardening." Wish me luck.

In the meantime, check out the haul we got today from these three tomato-stalks:

today's haul

Tomorrow we will attend a party. I'm bringing bruschetta(of course, we add mozzarella cheese to ours)!

Happy Saturday.

No comments: