Friday, September 02, 2005

funky girl

I have been so affected by everything lately. I am in a perpetual funk, and I just can’t shake it. I mean, day-to-day I am fine, and probably people at work don’t even realize how sad I am. I am not usually a whiner (though I have plenty of other faults).

This hurricane aftermath is just so devastating for me. I go back and forth between thinking about how folks could possibly think they are “entitled” to big screen TVs and new Nikes, to remembering that I do not walk in their shoes, and I might just do the same if I were facing true desperation. I feel that as fellow children of God, we should help them, no questions asked, yet I ask the questions. I have this verse taped to my refrigerator:

You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to him who begs from you, and do not refuse him who would borrow from you.

I need to live this. They are begging, and I will not refuse.

***********

We have been approached with a business proposition. It could prove to be very lucrative, and help us to reach some of our goals around our property faster. However, as with all propositions, there is a down side, and we need to consider that. It has to do with more animals, which will undoubtedly be more blogging material. Potential good news for you! : )

***********

And then there is the whole matter of the big lake. Well, some decisions were made, and four sites were eliminated. The sites that will affect us were NOT eliminated. Actually, there were three sites (of the original nine) that would possibly impact us, and the one that would have the smallest potential for impact was eliminated. The one that is literally on top of our house is still being considered. We have a 2/5 chance of being underwater.

***********

I leave for my meeting in London in three weeks. I am not looking forward to going, and I hate flying. I leave on a Thursday pm, and I get home Monday pm. So no time to enjoy. I hope to see my friend Tracey while I am there. A lot of work between now and then…

I must unearth my passport this weekend. I have no idea where it is!

*********

Maybe I’ll find something to cheer me up this long weekend! The weather here is supposed to be gorgeous. I owe myself a nap in the hammock with a handsome guy. I have a couple of them around here to choose from.

1 comment:

Michael said...

*sigh*

a nap sounds good to me.


Take Care
Michael