Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Disgusted with myself. :(

I really, really, really did something dumb. Something that eats away at my gut every time I think about it-- which is often today.

I missed the deadline for filing the papers for L to show Cindi at the fair. : (

Just typing it makes me want to burst into tears.

I have no real good excuse. Lots of reasons-- we have been so sick on and off lately, I went down to the extension office and actually picked up the form the week before last, and dug out all of the registration paperwork to fill it out. It was ready to go. But then last week I had my meeting, so I was out of town. And I announced to the entire house that I would be making it a priority to take it down in person yesterday. (My announcement was in hopes that nobody would let me forget.)

M got sick yesterday-- the school nurse called and said she was vomiting in class, in the nurse's office, pretty much any and everywhere. So I left work in a hurry, and early, to pick her up and kept her comfortable all afternoon. And, as I felt like I might be coming down with it, I slept.

And slept through the deadline of 5:00 pm.

I am just so gutted over it. I have let L and Cindi down.

B took it down this morning, just in case. Not a chance-- a big sign on the door noting that there will be no exceptions, and they were all due yesterday. I can't blame them, I deal with that all the time in my work. But it is still so, so sad for us.

Ugh, I just feel so terrible.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can only do what you can do. Sometimes life just jumps the fence and gets loose.

Anyway, the best thing about the people we love is their capacity for forgiveness. You may want to try that on yourself a little :-)

Michael said...

Maybe you could plead your case with them?

At least try.

Take Care
Michael