Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What is it about gravel roads?

People do weird things on gravel roads.

I am sitting here in the relative dark, watching out my window. Of course, we notice every car that passes, and a farm implement’s passing is cause for running to the window to see who is out and about today. If we’re really lucky, they’ll stop and say hello.

I am watching a car stopped in the middle of the road. It backed up, and then stopped. Someone got out (using the binoculars, I was able to discern that it was a woman). She went onto the roadside for something—Mushrooms? Marijuana? Lost diamond ring? Needle in a haystack?

We’ve had people drive by slowly to take photos. The llama in the paddock is also cause for gaping. I know that as summer gets closer, there will be more tourists, since we are near one of “The Bridges.” (That movie is getting older and older, though, and soon it will be forgotten!)

It just seems like folks do things on gravel roads that they wouldn’t do on a paved road.

2 comments:

Michael said...

You had me laughing because I've been there. Actually I believe I live there.

Take Care
Michael

Anonymous said...

Maybe they've spotted a person that works with computers? :-)

- MK