Saturday, February 03, 2007

Current Conditions - Saturday, 8:00 am

Yeah, I'm just getting ready to go outside to do chores. I'm late, cuz I slept in, and cuz I knew the weather news was grim. Makes me want to just run right out there. Actually, that's exactly what I *WOULD* do (run), if there wasn't ice everywhere and I didn't risk breaking my neck. So it will be 45 minutes of cautious busy-ness...



Wish me luck.

Oh, I am editing this to add that I am blogging from my bed. The bed is nice and warm, as I have said before. I need to add, however, that we do not have heat in this old farmhouse bedroom. There are 4 bedrooms upstairs, and the two kids' rooms are the only ones with heat ducts. So the temperature in my room is a toasty 48 degrees. Now I know why folks used to wear caps to bed at night. I DON'T WANT TO GET UP!!!

3 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

I've been thinking about how you're doing at the farm. I can't imagine what water (ice) bucket chores must be like.

Princess Long Nose and I are getting along fine. She even wears her winter coat indoors now.

Keep Warm!

Tracey said...

48 degrees in the bedroom? I'd stay in bed, too! I'm sure there are activities besides blogging to help you stay warm there, though... :)

Smukke said...

Brrrrrrrr. I'm sending warm thoughts to you & the adorable baby critters. I probably should not brag about having the top down on the convertible on my way home from work this afternoon. ;)