Monday, May 07, 2007

Duke

The goat babies are being weaned now, so we are using less milk. I bought a pasteurizer (thanks to B's mom and dad for their great birthday gift-- I bought a pasteurizer and strainer and other supplies) and soon we'll be having our own goat's milk to drink. Cindi is putting out more than a gallon a day, so we will have lots to spare.

At this point, I am freezing the extra milk so that if we have any orphans, we will have some milk to give them. But the cats are also enjoying it. Initially I liked to spray it into the "crowd' of cats (it's quite a crowd with a dozen cats) and watch them lick each other in a giant feline love fest. However, lately, I have been spraying the milk into the kitty crowd, and one cat in particular is seeking out the milk stream for his own.

Here is a youtube video of Duke getting the milk:



Tomorrow I will post a funny photo of him, but I want you to see this first.

2 comments:

Michael said...

love the video

Take Care
Michael

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous video. How many cats do you have they look like real characters? I have 5 cats on my farm.
Sara from farmingfriends