Monday, September 03, 2007

Another Fair

The last one of the season! We pick the goats up today.

L showed his girl, and as usual, he brought home the blue and the purple. I am so proud of him, though, he is SUCH a good sport. He is always nervous, and is always blown away by winning. And he always hugs his goat.

L also showed one of my does, a young one, one of the January kids that we pulled. Hard to believe they are grown up and ready to show!! She got first in her class.

Then, M showed an older doe. She is a nice doe, and I like her type (big and bulky and wide), but I wasn't sure if the judge would. Sure enough, he loved her and she got the blue.

So there I was, two kids with blues, showing against each other in the grand champion drive! This was not something I had contemplated!! I even had to borrow a lead rope for them!

So what happend? How did it come out??



The 2007 Grand Champion Fullblood Boer Doe is on the left! Reserve champion is on the right.

So what did the boy do? 1) hugged his goat. 2) shook hands with the winner.

I am so proud of him!

Her, too, as it was her first time showing. So it was wonderful that she won GC. However, she won't let it lie! She keeps reminding him that SHE beat HIM. He keeps rolling his eyes and saying, "It was MOM's goat!" Remember, he also won GC with HIS goat. Thankfully he doesn't really care. But I think that they will both be caring when we pick up their prize checks today. :)

2 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

The care you put into your goats really shows.

I like the goat hugging trick. I'm going to start doing that with computer equipment. (When it works.)

Michael said...

That is so cool.
I would be proud too.

Take Care
Michael