Saturday, November 03, 2007

i totally lied

This has been the worst day. When I reported this morning, all was going well, albeit slow. That continued to be the case until we discovered two leaks and rotten subfloor around the toilet. B stepped on it and nearly fell through the floor-- boards fell into the basement. We had to drive again to the home improvement store, spent 4 hours out, and are now back doing damage control.

But there has been no forward movement, just a lot of damage control. And a lot of lost time and LOTS of additional money.

Yuck.

I keep telling myself that bathrooms reap 100% return should you ever sell your house. And the mold in this room was causing me to worry about the health of my family. I was embarassed about how disgusting it was and how much it smelled. So this is really an investment in my sanity. Well, a LONG-TERM investment in my sanity, because for this short term I am out of my f-ing mind.

Keeping my fingers crossed for forward movement tomorrow... and we are working into the wee hours tonight.

No comments: