Saturday, April 02, 2005

What a Difference a Day Makes

grazing girls big old tree
Yesterday

DSC00053 DSC00052 DSC00046
Today


What a difference a day makes! I have only been to New York once. And it really doesn't count. B and I visited family in PA, and we drove through New Jersey and parked on the coast and took the ferry to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. It was amazing, and we will never forget it. But does it really count as a visit to NYC? I am thinking no.

So I am enjoying the view here, and have seen a little of Manhattan. Today, however, it's rainy-- to the point of flooding. So I will not venture out. I hope, however, to get out at least so that I can avoid buying my souvenirs at the airport!

I miss the farm very much. I miss the kids, and B of course, but I miss the peace that my farm brings. The smells are different, the work is different. I am not feeling well, I have a tension headache. I think it's because I am able to rest and recharge at home, but not able to do that here.

I need a farm hug-- from all of the beings that live there, from the wind that whispers to me each day, from the trees that I adore. New York doesn't give hugs, I don't believe. The lights here are impressive, but not nearly as awe-inspiring as the light from a million stars.

I do, however, have a nice view of Central Park from the 38th floor of my hotel, so I am appreciating some trees and nature.

I will be home soon. But not soon enough.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Cool pictures.
Did I tell you I love pictures?

Just think you were only a few short hours away from my home!

Take Care
Michael