Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Santa is so the best

So I have been on this marathon cleaning binge for going on the 2nd day. My mom and brother are coming in January and I want this place to at least be clean, if not fabulously restored (which it will NOT be). I never have guests that have high expectations (lucky for me), but having guests gives me a deadline, a benchmark to which I can strive. No, they may not care if the curtains are clean (or even notice) but putting that on my to-do list before guests arrive gives me incentive to get that job done a couple of times a year. It's all psychological for me.

The tree is gone, and most of the decorations are put away. I'm going to vacuum the entire downstairs and dust, and just get everything generally back to normal. Oh, and do the 4 dozen loads of laundry that are calling my name.

Today the UPS man came with my Lush present! Yay! I have been cleaning, and sweating, and I am confident that the Lush will be just what the Santa ordered to rid me of my stank.

Thankfully I will be done today! Just in time to go back to work tomorrow...

At least I will get to enjoy it this weekend. A 3-day weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is not quite over. :-)

-B