Saturday, August 19, 2006

Luna's Recovery

You know, all the knocking on wood that is done around here is about as fruitful as banging your head against the wall. As I type this, I am taking frequent breaks to knock on wood...

Luna has recovered from her tummy troubles. She is back on her feed, and I no longer have to work from home while bottle feeding her. I frequently refer to the goats as toddlers with horns, and I was proven correct again as I had to wrassle her and chase her around to catch her to stuff the bottle's nipple in her mouth. She pursed her lips tightly so I could not get it in, she let most of the (expensive) colostrum dribble down her face, and she would often jerk her head back quickly so she could hit me with her horns. She chewed one ($4.00) nipple beyond servicibility, and just when I resigned myself to using a second one, and had cut the hole and put it on the bottle, she decided to eat solid food.

But I am thankful that she is healthy again. I was worried about her!

No comments: