Saturday, March 24, 2007

And the Fun Continues

Well, today did not pan out to be any better than yesterday. I slept too late (see a pattern here?), got out to the barn late, and again had some caprine wrestling events to get her milked (not because I was late, but because she is a DIVA). I came inside to start my list, which included some goat things and working on a website that I am creating/maintaining on the side.

I intended to tattoo the babies today. But I had no green ink, and went to the farm store where they did not have any.

I intended to give CD&T vaccinations. Except that my vaccine had expired. I did not use much before it expired, so that was a double pisser. Again, the farm store does not carry it.

I intended to worm the goats. I did not have enough dewormer to do everyone. The farm store did have that, but not the same type. I can still use it, but it's not the best option. Not a total failure...

The pipe that B attempted to fix last night did not get fixed. He came home with the wrong part. It was just in the cards-- they were stacked against him. He went this morning to get the part, and got the correct part. He got it fixed, but the drain was still plugged. He used the plunger, and burst another rusted pipe. (We can't tell that they are rusted, as the corrosion is on the inside-- the outside is shiny silver.) As I type this, he is fixing the pipes. We have been unable to use the kitchen sink for going on 30 hours. Last night we did dishes by setting the dishpans and drainer in the bathtub. We have eaten out today for every meal except breakfast. I actually think the clog is one of the nipples for the baby goat bottles. They cost $5.00 each at the farm store.

The dryer is still not fixed.

I did not get the website finished. I am sitting down to do that after this post.

We did drink last night, but B spilled his Guinness all over my ABGA herd inventory papers that I have to send back. It was a waste of a good beer, and I am bummed about the papers.

We can only hope that tomorrow goes better.

No comments: